Here's a list of essential articles for Microsoft 365 from Domains Partners. Use it to complete common tasks like setting up and managing your email accounts or using your Office apps.
Learn about Microsoft 365 plan options.
- Compare Microsoft 365 email plans
- How many user email accounts do I need to buy?
- How does Microsoft 365 migration work?
Create my Microsoft 365 email account
Add an email account to send and receive mail.
Sign in to Microsoft 365
Check email and manage your account.
Set up email on my devices
Stay connected wherever you go with email on your mobile device or computer.
Get the most out of Microsoft 365
Forward your email, create aliases, and see other features that make email work for you.
- Create an email alias
- Forwarding options for my email address
- Create a distribution group
- Create a shared mailbox
- Add user email accounts
- Export or backup my contacts, calendar and email
Personalize my email account
Change your display name or create an email signature.
- Change my email display name
- Add an email signature in Outlook on the web
- Add my email signature to Outlook (Windows)
- Add my email signature to Outlook (Mac)
Keep my email account secure
Here’s how to reset a password and other ways to protect your email from malicious activity.
- Change a Microsoft 365 password
- I forgot my Microsoft 365 password
- Sign out of all devices
- Enable or disable multi-factor authentication
- Tips for protecting my email
Install and use Office apps
If you have Business Essentials or Business Professional, your plan includes Office apps.
- What are Office apps?
- What is Microsoft Teams?
- Download and install Office
- Download and install Office apps for iPhone or iPad
- Download and install Office apps for Android
- Sign in to OneDrive or SharePoint
Explore email add-ons
Get even more from your email with Advanced Email Security, Email Archiving, Email Backup, and HIPAA compliance.
- What is Advanced Email Security?
- What is Email Archiving?
- What is Email Backup?
- What is HIPAA and HIPAA compliant email?
My email account isn’t working (troubleshooting)
Find out how to troubleshoot any errors you might encounter.
- Fix Microsoft 365 email not working
- What does my email bounce mean?
- Error: This seat's taken, domain has already been used
How many user email accounts do I need to buy?
When purchasing Microsoft 365, decide how many users you want to buy. You'll need a separate user for each individual person who will have their own, personal mailbox.
For example, Paul purchases an email plan with four users, so he has dedicated email accounts for himself and his three employees. As his business grows and he hires more employees, he can add additional users.
However, when it comes to other email addresses like sales@ or support@, which don't need a dedicated mailbox, there are several free email address options.