Welcome to Linux Hosting! Now that your account is all set up, let's check out some of the places you need to become familiar with, and you'll be ready to start building your website in no time!
- First we'll take a look at your Linux Hosting account Dashboard. It's your starting point for owning an account and you can get to all the good stuff from there.
- Next we'll check out WordPress, the most popular website building app on the planet.
- Then we'll have a look at cPanel. cPanel is the powerful app running behind the scenes that you can use to manage many of the technical aspects in support of your site.
- Finally, we'll give you a list of the most important things to do first, like setting up your security and site backups. Then you'll be all set to get on with building your website.
Start the Guided tour
My account Dashboard
We know you want to get started on building your website and managing your Linux Hosting account. This guided tour will show you all the places you'll be working. Let's start with a look at your account Dashboard.
- Go to your Domains Partners product page.
Your account Dashboard opens in a new browser window or tab. You'll see your domain name at the top.
What's in the Dashboard?
The Dashboard is where you do account-related tasks like upgrading your account to a higher tier, or finding connection info for your server. A couple of the most important things you can do from this Dashboard are:
- Adding more domain names to the account: All our Linux Hosting plans (except Economy) support multiple websites and domains. When you're ready to add more sites and domains, in the Websites section (just below your primary domain name), select Add Website.
- Start using WordPress: If you installed WordPress during setup (like most of our customers) and you just can't wait to get started, in the Websites section select Admin. We'll take you right into WordPress—no login necessary!
What's in the Action Center?
Just below the Websites section you'll find the Action Center. This is where to find links to helpful support articles, new software version info and more. We'll update the Action Center every month.
Note: If you installed WordPress during setup, look in the Action Center for a link to our Help article, "Get started with WordPress in Linux Hosting"—a list of the most-recommended things to do to start building your WordPress website.
Other tabs for more advanced work
At the top of the Dashboard, just above your primary domain name, you'll see a few tabs.
The tasks you can find in these tabs are for more advanced work, such as working with your database, moving files around in the account, or adding more FTP users to your account.